Important: required registration for authors
The portal for paper submission is now closed. You can still access the status of your paper here.
We also remind that:
- Speakers must be registered to the conference before 31st May, 08:00 PM (Paris Time).
- Speakers are not allowed to present more than two papers.
- After this deadline, papers with no registered speakers are subjected to be removed from the program.
The Local and Technical Boards of EUROEM2012
Guidelines for Oral Presentation presenters (including Exhibition and Poster Introduction Sessions)
Each paper in an oral session is allocated 20 minutes (5 minutes for Exhibition and Poster Introduction Sessions). This includes time required for introduction of the speaker, as well as time for questions from the audience. Therefore authors are advised to prepare a 15-minute talk and leave some time for questions at the end.
Each lecture room will be equipped with a computer and a data projector. Authors need to transfer their presentations onto the computer in the appropriate room for the session at least 10 minutes in advance of the session in which their paper will be presented. Each lecture room will have a support person that can provide assistance.
The formats that are allowed for presentations are Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 (.ppt/.pptx) and Portable Document Format (.pdf) (Acrobat Reader 2007). In both cases, if the authors have a video or an audio file embedded in the presentation we recommend to use a video and audio codec compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint. As a backup we strongly encourage authors to have available a .pdf version of their presentation. When preparing the .pdf the authors should select the “press quality” option to ensure that the fonts are properly embedded. The authors should bring their presentation on a USB memory stick or CD.
Authors needing any special audio or visual equipment must contact the Technical Program Chair by 1 June 2012.
Presenters are requested to:
1) be present in the correct room at least 10 minutes before the start of their session. Oral presenters should introduce themselves to the session chair and co-chair as soon as they arrive.
2) let the session chair and co-chair know of any special assistance required during their talk before the session begins.
Guidelines for Poster Presenters
Poster presenters will be involved in two sessions:
- a Poster Introduction Session
- a Poster Session
Recommendations for the Poster Introduction Session
- Apply guidelines for oral presentations
- Check the conference program for the Poster Introduction Session room location and time
- Prepare a five-minute presentation in which your objective is to attract the people to come and see your poster during the poster session
- Be aware that the chairman will be strict with the 5 minutes and will stop you as soon as the 5 minutes have elapsed
- No question will be asked during and between the presentations
- Questions can be asked at the end of the session if there is some time left
Recommendations for the Poster Session:
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of the session in order to post your poster
- The size of the poster board is: 2.35 m* 0.95 m and the recommended size of the posters is A0 format (0.85m * 1.20m)
- The posters will be fixed onto a poster board using PATAFIX
- PATAFIX will be provided by the organizers
- Remain close to your poster during the whole session in order to be able to answer all the questions of the visitors
- It is up to you to accept if pictures can be taken of your poster (by default, no pictures as well as no recording are allowed)